The recipes are LIT! This recipe is one you are going to love. I absolutely adore tacos and can eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It tastes even better when they are healthy for you like my “Very Vegan Tacos”
2 Cans Organic Black Beans (drained)
2 TBS of Minced Garlic
3 TBS of Olive Oil
1 TBS of Vinegar
1/2 tsp of Oregano
1/2 tsp of Pepper
1/4 tsp of Salt
1 Pound of Spinach
2 Cups of Sliced White Mushrooms
1/3 Cup of Water
1/4 Cup Yellow Onion
Bunch of chopped Cilantro
One Squeezed Lime
Organic Corn Tortillas
- In a mid-sized pot over medium heat add: black beans, 1 Tablespoon of your olive oil, vinegar, oregano, chopped cilantro, and water. Bring it to a boil then let it simmer on low for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat add the following: 2 Tablespoons of your olive oil, onions, mushrooms, pepper, and salt. Sautee this until your onions all translucent and the mushrooms are soft. Remove from heat.
- In another skillet over medium heat add the following: Your last Tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, spinach, and the juice of one fresh squeezed lime. Sautee spinach for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat your corn tortillas according to package instructions.
- Build your tacos. You have black beans, mushrooms, and spinach to choose from or you can combine all three!
You did it! I like to add vegan cheese, tomato, and avocado to my tacos but those things are optional and completely up to you. Eat and enjoy. If you’re doing the veggie challenge be sure to tag us at #SavorSimply