I’m sure that we have experienced bullying either directly or indirectly at some point in our lives. As children it is sometimes easier to turn away from a child being bullied because you just don’t know what to do. As adults we sometimes turn a blind eye to it in hopes that it will toughen the child up or eventually just stop.
Being bullied is more serious and damaging than I could have ever imagined. During my research for this post I came across so many stories of children as young as the age of 7 who have taken their lives to the stress of being bullied. Some children tried to reach out to those who are supposed to protect them and some were just too ashamed to say anything.
After speaking with friends and getting feedback I was gifted with a few signs to look for if your child is being bullied…
Signs of bullying:
• Being withdrawn from family and friends
• Losing interest in things they once enjoyed doing
• Being afraid and rebellious about going certain places. For example; school, sporting events, etc.
• Abnormal behaviors such as stealing (food/money)
• Pointing out ones own insecurities
• And one MAJOR sign…ACTUALLY SAYING SOMEONE IS BOTHERING THEM.
Listen and pay attention to your kids, it’s not always easy to open up to adults so let them know it’s ok to come to you with anything. If your child informs you of bullying, contact the proper channels and make sure something is done to end the cycle.
– PEACE AND BLESSINGS ❤️❤️❤️