Growing up I remember going to a delicious Peruvian restaurant in the Mission District of San Francisco. Hands down this place had the best shrimp scampi I’ve ever encountered. They put their own spin on it. It was a family-owned restaurant that is no longer there but I will never forget that taste. Since then I have made it my mission to enjoy shrimp scampi from some of the best places. One of those places is my very own kitchen. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.
1 pound shrimp (shelled and deveined, leave the tail on)
1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
5 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt butter and allow to cool. Once cool pour into a large bowl.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, wine, parsley, basil to butter.
- Add shrimp to butter mixture and toss.
- Pour shrimp and sauce into a large baking dish.
- Put on bottom rack in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm. Take out and enjoy.
You are finished and I know it was easy. I would love to see how it came out for you. Send me a pic and tag me on social media at #SprinkleYourKnowledge