Winter is one of those seasons where you can add color to your life and it will actually make a statement. In the summer everything is so bright so we tend to take colors for granted. When it’s dark outside and the sun is going down early then the colors mean the world to us. One way I decided to add color was with some pinecones I found on the ground. The pinecones were laying there in the yard looking kind of sad and I started thinking how amazing they would look with a little paint on them. I grabbed a few of them along with some paint and livened them up. I also had a pretty boring glass bowl that I completely repurposed with spray paint. It was completely easy, gorgeous, and fun. You can do it too.
Craft Paper (to cover surfaces)
Disposable Gloves (to protect hands)
This is an activity you should do outside or in a well-ventilated room with the windows open.
- Lay down butcher paper to cover surfaces.
- Protect your hands with disposable gloves.
- Spray 10 pinecones evenly with chrome spray paint. Set aside to dry.
- Spray 10 pinecones evenly with turquoise spray paint. Set aside to dry.
- Spray the inside of the wide mouthed glass bowl with chrome spray paint. Let it dry.
- Once dried spray the outside out the wide mouthed glass bowl with turquoise spray paint. Let it dry.
- Spray your chrome pinecones with a coat of shimmer metallic spray paint. Let it dry.
- Spray the inside of your wide mouthed chrome bowl with a coat of shimmer metallic spray paint. Let it dry.
- Once your pinecones and bowl is dry you can place the pinecones inside of the bowl and display it in your home.
That’s it! You did it and I’m sure it looks amazing. I would love to see it. If you make it please share it with me at #SavorV