It’s all vegan everything! Chickpeas are really amazing if you’ve ever had a good chana masala or a batch of hummus with pita chips then you’ve definitely had chickpeas. This recipe is one that you can throw in the crockpot and go on about your day. You’ll be glad about this one.
1 1/3 cup of sweet peppers (chopped)
4 cans of garbanzo beans (8 oz)
1 2/3 cup of yellow onion (chopped)
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 1/2 TBS garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
- Chop up the following vegetables: sweet peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Drain the chick peas. Once drained pour them into your crock pot.
- Add chopped vegetables into crock pot.
- Pour in vegetable broth
- Add seasonings: turmeric, seasoned salt, white pepper, curry powder, and garam masala.
6. Mix and turn the crock pot onto High. Let it slow cook for 3 hours.
Turn off and eat! This pairs great over rice. Let me know how you like it. Be sure to tag us @SavorV on Facebook and Instagram once you make it. If you’re joining our 7 day vegan challenge use the hashtag #SavorVeganChallenge