Fall is here and although I will miss the summer weather, I am completely excited for hearty foods. Food makes my soul sing which is pretty obvious but it’s something special about the leaves turning brown on the trees that let me know it’s time to start cooking with my heart. I decided to jump right in and make one of my favorite comfort foods. Now we’ve all had lasagna but have you had a chunky veggie lasagna. It’s so delicious you won’t even miss the meat. Every time I make it the entire pan ends up mysteriously missing and happy tummies are what it’s all about.
1 Box Barilla Oven Ready Lasagne
2 Jars (25 oz) Spaghetti or Marinara sauce
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 15 ounces container Ricotta Cheese
4 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
8 oz White Mushrooms (sliced)
1 Zucchini (sliced)
1 Small Yellow Onion (diced)
1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet
- Sautee onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini. Cook until all vegetables are tender and soft about 6 minutes. Add spinach to skillet last as spinach cooks fairly quickly. Remove from heat.
- Combine ricotta, 2 cups of mozzarella, and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Spray a 13x9x3 rectangular pan with non-stick cooking spray or lightly coat with olive oil.
- Pour one cup of sauce in pan and spread evenly
- Top with 4 sheets of oven-ready lasagna (they will overlap)
- Next layer 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, half of the sauteed vegetables, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 Cups sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, remaining sauteed vegetables, 1 cup of sauce.
- For the final layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-50 minutes
You did it! I’m sure it tastes amazing. Be sure to tag me at #SavorV so I can see it.