I am so obsessed with group chat. My family is the absolute best all day every day I wake up to texts, gifs, memes and other hilarious things that keep me laughing. A close family friend Marisa has a 6-year old that is the coolest kid on the planet. She informed her mother Marisa that she wanted to have a party with her friends and that this party had to have some cake made by me. I thought this was super cute so we decided to give this awesome baby a Halloween Baby Bash.
As I thought about the type of cake I wanted to make I knew there would be a ton of us adults as well. I wanted it to be cute enough for the kids but yummy enough for everyone to enjoy. That’s when I decided to make a Buttermilk Poundcake. It is absolutely delicious and you are going to love it. If you try it use the hashtag #SprinkleYourKnowledge so I can see how delicious it came out.
Note: If you want to make your cake into a pumpkin like I did then you will want to double this recipe and bake 2 bundt cakes.
3 cups flour
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Buttermilk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 teaspoon Almond Extract
Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and lightly flour a bundt cake pan.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl cream sugar, and butter. Add vanilla, almond extract, and eggs one at a time. Add flour mixture and buttermilk. Mix until combined.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. The cake will start moving away from the pan letting you know that it is done.
- Allow it to cool completely before removing it from the pan. Sprinkle it lightly with powdered sugar.
You did it! That’s it and I would love to see how it came out. Tag me at @SavorV or use the hashtag #SprinkleYourKnowledge