I remember growing up and watching television. I would see the wives who would make blueberry muffins for their husbands and kids on Saturday mornings. I thought to myself, “I’m going to be one of those women.” A woman who rises early in the morning to bake blueberry muffins for her family. Cheesy right? But honestly it’s been a major life goal since the tender age of five. I created the most delicious blueberry crumb muffins recipe ever. It’s crumb topped, full of blueberries, and moist. This is one recipe that you and your entire family is going to fall in love with.
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 White Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1/3 cup Milk
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Blueberries (fresh)
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/3 cup Flour
1/4 cup Butter
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly grease and flour a muffin pan or spray a muffin pan with non stick spray.
- In a bowl mix together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder
- Add apple sauce, egg, and milk to the flour mixture.
- Once it’s fully combined mix in the fresh blueberries
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 of the way full and sprinkle each one with crumb topping
- For crumb topping in a bowl mix 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix it well with the back of a spoon. It will be a little grainy and that texture is normal.
- Sprinkle these crumbles on top of each muffin
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
You did it! I would love to see you enjoying your Blueberry Crumb Muffins use the hashtag #SavorTheSweetLife