Now can I be real honest? I am all for a woman who is about her hair. Whether your hair comes from the neighborhood Beauty Depot, or if you get your bundles for the low from your friend's cousin who sells them. Or maybe if you are a woman who is cool with rocking her natural crown, hair is hair. However, your hair is no good if you are not conditioning it properly. A woman's hair is her crown. It is an ever changing extension of her being. If you follow this do- it yourself- hair conditioner recipe not only with it make you the Madam C.J Walker of hair, but it will save you some significant coins.
1 cup coconut oil
⅓ cup avocado oil
10-12 drops rosemary essential oil
10-12 drops lavender essential oil
Container (ex. pint Mason jar)
1. Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a hand or stand mixer.
2. Whip for 3-4 minutes to mix all ingredients well.
3. Transfer to an old shampoo bottle, pint Mason jar, or recycled bottle.
1. After shampooing your hair, work conditioner through your hair beginning at the ends.
2. Allow the homemade conditioner for natural hair to sit on your hair for 2 minutes.
3. Rinse thoroughly with fresh cold water.
Note: Use 2-3 times per week.
CAUTION: The oils in this homemade conditioner for natural hair may make your shower floor slippery!
Allow hot water to run for a couple of minutes after you are done rinsing your hair to help melt coconut oil and run it through the drain.
Taveesha Guyton has a knack for connecting people. She has Dual Bachelor's degree in Social Work and Psychology from the University of South Florida. She has passion for working with the Autistic and Intellectually Disabled Population and is a certified safety instructor with the American Heart and American Safety and Health Institute.