Photo From: Aboundingwisdom.com
We are right in the swing of fall. The leaves are turning orange and brown, the pumpkin patch is tons of fun, and we are making hearty meals. It all sounds fun and full of love right? Well not for everyone. For some when the season changes, this can be a pretty depressing time. The sunshine of summer has faded. There aren’t as many outside events, it’s raining, and let’s not mention the fact that some of us are single and not exactly overjoyed about it. The fall blues is real but you can beat the fall blues. There are numerous techniques that you can utilize in order to maintain your have peaceful place.
- Pamper Yourself: We love pampering. Treating yourself always feels good and it doesn’t have to be expensive. Did you know that you could create your own getaway in the comfort of your own home? Light some candles, run a hot bubble bath, pour yourself a glass of champagne, turn on soothing music, and relax. You deserve a little relaxation.
- Eat To Live: Our food affects our mood. We always hear this because it is true. Things like fried foods weigh our bodies down sapping us of energy. Learn to love your body by giving it foods that are full of energy. Implement more vegetables in your diet so that you maintain your energy. This will help you feel better.
- Let’s Go Outside: When’s the last time you enjoyed nature? Even if you live in a big city you can put on a jacket and go take a brisk walk. Look around, observe, and look up into the sky. Admire the sounds and the life around you. Learning to have an appreciation for nature will increase your feelings of wellbeing.
- Meditate: Some think it’s a craze but if you can get to your nearest computer and google. You will discover that many Physicians are now implementing meditation into their recovery practices with their patients. Meditation is simply the practice of slowing down your mind. We are thinking all day long about where we are going, deadlines, appointments, projects, and more. Our brain deserves a break. Implementing meditation for as little as 15 minutes per day will help heal the mind. In the words of Russell Simmons, “if you don’t have 15 minutes to slow down then you really need 2 hours.” Slow down today.
- How Do You Feel?: It’s important to take internal inventory to know how we feel. If we aren’t aware of how we feel then we won’t know how to change it. Focus on feeling good. When is the last time you said to yourself, “I am going to do everything in my power to feel good today.” That type of thought is full of self-love and empowering. Take control of how you feel and do the things that make you feel good.
- Hit The Funny Bone: Laughter is good for the soul. This is an exercise that you want to do alone so no one thinks you are losing your mind. However, take a second just to laugh for a few seconds each day. Psychology Today Magazine reports that laughing changes our brain chemistry. Show some teeth and laugh every day.
- How Does It Smell: Essential oils increase relaxation. Try something like peppermint or eucalyptus oil which can be very refreshing. When our environment smells good it just makes us feel better.
- Go To Bed: We all need our rest. All day we see things that say, “We can sleep when we die.” This is true but it’s also true that if you don’t sleep we will die. Our bodies need rest in order to heal itself. If we don’t rest it can cause things such as sickness and unclear thinking. We want you to operate at peak performance so be sure to get some rest.
- Grab A Book: A great way to escape is to read a book. If you like mysteries grab one of those. If you are more into romance novels and biographies then indulge in that. Get lost in the characters and their life. Fall in love with the characters, get upset with others, and laugh at all of them. This is a great way to let your mind run away on an escape.
- Get Out Of Here: Now you may not be able to take a trip to Jamaica or Dubai but you can enjoy your own city. Check into a nice hotel room in your city for a night, order room service, visit the museum, become a tourist. Be a wanderer in your own city and discover the charm of your environment once again.
You can combine these methods if you like or just pick a few. The most important thing here is to take care of you. How we feel inside is important. Our feelings dictate our life. If we don’t feel good then we aren’t living to our full potential. Here at Everything Girls Love, we want to make sure that you are taking care of your inner self. Use these techniques to practice yourself into a happy place. If none of these techniques work and you still have the blues its okay. However, we are rooting for you and don’t want you to stay that way. Seek out the assistance healthcare professional and get your heart back on track. Have an outstanding fall!