Picture From: wikipedia.org
It's a brand new year! Everyone starts re-evaluating their life. We want to make more money, be a better friend, let go of old habits, find love, become a better lover, stop eating fast food, and lose ten pounds. We all want something. The change that we want begins in the mind. My life began to change once I stayed away from negativity. A recent study was conducted by MIT which shared that when someone says something negative to you, if you internalize that belief, it will take another person to come along and tell you something positive about yourself 17 times to rid yourself of that negative belief. But what if there is no positive person? Well, this might mean that you need a new environment filled with positive people who wish the best for you. Positivity is quite contagious and I'm going to share with you some of the steps I used to change my life.
1. Obsessed: I discovered my passion and what I wanted out of life and became emotionally involved in it. We must become involved with the things we really want.
2. Act As If: Vision is a very important part of the process in getting what you want. "If you see it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand." These words were spoken by Bob Proctor. In my mind I saw that I would ship dessert to other countries that I'd never been before, be on Oprah's payroll, and in an international magazine and it happened. Act as if it has already happened for you and it will!
3. 90 Days: Sometimes we set goals too far out and feel defeated. Yes you may know what you want to happen in a year but the truth is, a LOT can happen in a year. Set a goal for the next 90 days. Lots of short term goals add up fast.
Picture From: imgkid.com
4. Mastermind: Find a group of people who will push you to become great. The Mastermind group that I am apart of meets every Sunday. Napoleon Hill says, "Masterminding is the fool proof method against failure." If you have a group of people pushing you towards your goal you will not fail nor give up when met with temporary defeat.
5. Expect The Great: I keep what I call a "Miracle Journal." Every day when I wake up I am expecting great things to happen in my life. Everyday I write down what the miracle of the day was. For me these are things like: interviews, new customers, paid invoices, new business partnerships, and more.
For awhile there were some sacrifices that I made. I was tired of my life going the way it was. For 4 years I had no cable. I committed myself to studying and my internal growth. My entertainment was books. I didn't go anywhere even when invited unless I knew it was getting me closer to my dream. I lost a few friends because of this but it ended up being a blessing. I've read over 200+ books and counting. I lost count years ago. I discovered that to become who I wanted to be, I had to learn and grow internally. I may not have known what was happening on the news but I definitely could hold a stimulating conversation with anyone whether they worked for the Senate or were homeless on the street.
I also let go of past traumatic experiences. We all have a story and I knew that holding onto pain wouldn't help me in the future so I went to therapy, church, and confronted those that I had issues with so that I could heal and move on. The desire is to be GREAT! I discovered patterns in the people in which I admire. I noticed that very rich people don't work for people. They work, build networks, and hire smart people like you and I to do all the work for them. Now there's nothing wrong with working a job. I work a job but ask yourself, "do I really want to do this forever?" If there is life in your body its an opportunity to run after your dream. Today is only a moment in your life and you have the ability to create the next moment. Don't give up because I will be completely honest. I've been working on myself for about 5 years and am just now seeing the benefits. Money is actually the very last way that things manifest. I planted seeds and now its time to reap a harvest. After 5 years of work people are now offering me profitable opportunities and more will come!
Books That Changed My Life
Picture From: whydev.org
A book can change your life and your mindset. Here are books that changed who I was for an eternity. I know if you commit to reading these books and execute the knowledge therein, you will change your life.
Outwitting The Devil by Napoleon Hill
Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
The Shack by William P. Young
Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson
As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
What Can You Do Today?
Today here are a few things you can implement to protect your space to ensure that you stay positive and positioned for success:
1. Become obsessed with your dream
2. When negative people call, text, or tweet. DO NOT RESPOND!
3. Don't watch the news it's negative
4. Make a to do list everyday. If its in your head and not on paper you do not have a to do list
5. Make your internal work the most important priority of the day.
6. Find a mastermind group
7. Create. Create. Create.
8. Change your beliefs to change your behavior
9. Do only those things that make you feel good.
10. HAVE FUN!
These are the things I've been doing for years and practice makes perfect! You can become the person you see in your mind if you simply commit to it. It's a new year!